The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) seeks a part-time Finance Associate to assist with processing weekly and monthly financial activity, including paying invoices, processing staff reimbursements, reconciling credit cards, writing check requests, providing information for the annual 990 filing and audits, and other finance-related activities. This is a part-time position expected to work 15-25 hours per week, and reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce, process, and ensure payment of invoices (Accounts Receivable) on an ongoing basis
- Prepare check requests (Accounts Payable) and staff expense reimbursements requests weekly, ensuring expenses are approved and properly coded
- Provide support for processing cash receipts, including processing incoming checks and online donations, depositing checks, and coding revenue
- Maintain organized financial files in accordance with external accountant instructions
- Assist in reconciling NCTE credit cards against monthly statements by collecting receipts from appropriate staff, ensuring all transactions are supported by receipts, and properly coding transactions
- Gather monthly account statements from NCTE’s banks, credit cards, and other financial institutions
- Review, format, save, and add proper coding to donation reports on a monthly basis from various sources, such as Facebook, Benevity, United Way, etc.
- Produce information for annual budgeting process, IRS Form 990 preparation, and audits as necessary
- Review financial procedures manual and draft necessary updates in collaboration with NCTE’s external accounting firm and Director of Finance and Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks independently
- At least two or more years of experience in a finance-related role preferred
- Desire and ability to create and maintain order within a fast-moving environment, without sacrificing accuracy or dropping details; finds satisfaction in balanced spreadsheets and smoothly running processes
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, solve problems, anticipate actions, and use creative means to complete tasks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet programs, and the ability to learn other software applications quickly
- Commitment to full social justice and an understanding of issues affecting transgender people, including trans people of color and those with low- or no-income is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The Finance Associate works out of our national office in Washington, DC. This is a part-time position expected to work 15-25 hours per week, and reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is consistent with experience. NCTE offers a strong, generous benefits package that includes dental, vision and health insurance, employer contributions to retirement, pre-tax Metro benefits, paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Associate.” Inquire over email if an acknowledgement of your application is not received after one week. Please no calls. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The National Center for Transgender Equality is an equal opportunity employer. NCTE is committed to creating a diverse staff made of people who are kind, optimistic, hard-working and committed to social justice, from all segments of transgender and allied communities. If you have disability-related accommodations needs during the application process, please contact Patrick Paschall, NCTE’s Director of Finance and Operations, at email@example.com.