The National Center for Transgender Equality and NCTE Action Fund are looking for a full- or part-time Video Producer to create compelling video content that educates the public about transgender people’s lives, persuades supporters to take action, allows NCTE and the NCTE Action Fund to gain new followers, and increases NCTE and the NCTE Action Fund’s visibility. As the sole person dedicated to video on staff, the Video Producer will act as writer, videographer, director, and editor, taking input from a variety of colleagues and supported by other members of the Communications team. Throughout their work, the Video Producer will apply values of racial and economic justice and ensure diversity amongst those we are filming and promoting. The Video Producer will be supervised by the Director of Communications and will join a tight-knit Communications team of adaptable, driven people with a good sense of humor.
- Work with the Communications team and other NCTE and NCTE Action Fund staff members to conceptualize dynamic and appealing video content that engages current supporters and potential new supporters and drives them to action.
- Oversee all facets of producing NCTE and NCTE Action Fund video content, including filming and producing videos and GIFs for social media; documenting NCTE and the NCTE Action Fund’s participation in events like rallies, lobby days, and speaking engagements; and running the NCTE and NCTE Action Fund video livestream programs.
- Maintain creative archive including raw footage, final video products, and subtitle files.
- Maintain and keep track of all audiovisual equipment.
- Opportunities available to participate in other areas of communications work, e.g. graphic design or web maintenance. If significant graphic or web design duties are taken on, the position title will be adjusted appropriately.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with digital video production; experience producing professional-quality videos on a limited non-profit budget is a plus
- Ability to work as an integral part of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to work quickly and be flexible in an environment influenced by an unpredictable and never-ending news cycle
- Planning and time management, including the ability to independently manage production calendars for multiple projects and keep to deadlines
- Understanding of the issues affecting transgender people in the United States, particularly how race and socioeconomic status impact the experience of being transgender
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Audition) strongly preferred
- Experience with website maintenance, graphic design, customer-relationship management tools, or social media management are all pluses
- Spanish language ability is a plus, but not required
The Video Producer is a full or part-time position that works in our national office in Washington, DC. This position involves occasional travel. This position is based at NCTE’s headquarters in Washington, DC. For applicants who reside outside the Washington, DC metropolitan area, NCTE offers relocation expense reimbursement.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is consistent with experience. For full-time employees NCTE offers a strong, generous benefits package that includes dental, vision and health insurance, employer contributions to retirement, pretax Metro benefits, paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Video Producer in the subject line. Please place a link, to one of your videos, in the body of the email so we can view a sample of your work. The video should be 30 seconds or longer and should be hosted on a website like YouTube or Vimeo. If the video is not attached, we will not be able to process your application.
Inquire over email if an acknowledgement of your application is not received after one week. Please no calls. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The National Center for Transgender Equality is an equal opportunity employer. NCTE is committed to creating a diverse staff made of people who are kind, optimistic, hardworking and committed to social justice, from all segments of transgender and allied communities. If you have disability-related accommodations needs during the application process, please contact Lisa Mottet, Deputy Executive Director at email@example.com.