1. Medical Providers & Latest COVID-19 Information:
- GLMA's Directory of LGBTQ-friendly medical providers
- Human Rights Campaign's LGBTQ-friendly hospitals and medical centers
- Equaity Federation's State or Local specific LGBTQ resources
- Massachusetts Trans Political Coalition
- Trans Needle Exchange
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Resources During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lambda Legal's Help desk: Advice if you experience discrimination
- Ayuda En Espanol- Mi Familia Vota
Community Health Centers have been receiving guidance on how to be LGBTQ+ welcoming (and offer care for low income/uninsured persons). Find a local one here.
Note: Do not just walk into a community health center - make sure you call ahead.
- LGBT-oriented health centers in some big cities:
- Latest Health guidances:
- World Health Organization (WHO) advice, including whether and how to wear masks & advice for health workers
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- COVID-19 and TLDEF’s Preparedness & Know Your Rights
- Sex Work COVID-19: Guidelines for Sex Workers, Clients, Third Parties, and Allies
- Sex Worker Harm Reduction Resources
National Resource Center on LGBT Aging- Prepare for COVID-19: Tips and Resources for LGBT Elders And Those Living With HIV and general COVID-19 resources
National Council for Behavioral Health has put together Interest Groups open to the general public to help share resources and best practices
Consider creating or updating your health proxy and end of life plans - Resources and Guidelines
Emergency contact information for trans discrimination in relief shelters and services & a guide for shelters:
- Lambda Legal National Help Desk, toll free: (866) 542-8336
- FEMA Hotline: (800) 621-3362
- Equal Access for Transgender People: A Guide for Shelters
- New York City Homeless Policies and Procedures for Serving Transgender and Intersex Clients
- Eviction Defense Network (For Los Angeles, CA)
3. Mental Health:
- For trans people of all ages, Trans Lifeline provides a peer support hotline and microgrants for trans people in need. You can call their hotline at 877-565-8860.
- For LGBTQ youth, Trevor Project provides access to counselors by phone call (1-866-488-7386), online chat, or text (text START to 678678). They also provide an online community for LGBTQ youth ages 13-24
- LGBT National Help Center Hotlines and Talklines, including ones for youth and seniors 50+
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800)273-8255 or chat online
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Stronghearts Native Helpline: 1-844-762-8483
- For older LGBTQ adults, SAGE runs a National LGBT Elder Hotline that provides crisis response and helps connect people with community resources. You can call their hotline at 877-360-LGBT and request to speak to someone in either English or Spanish.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-659-2955
- JMC Compilation of Mental Health Resources
- Fenway Health runs an LGBT Helpline and a Peer Listening Line, which people can call from across the country. Call 888.340.4528 for adults 25+. Call 800.399.PEER for those under age 25.
- CenterLink's directory of LGBT community centers. Note: do not walk in to a community center if you are sick or have been exposed. Call them and ask if there are virtual support groups.
- Online Resources for the LGBTQ community amid COVID-19
- 20 Ways to Support the Queer Community During Coronavirus
- Q Chat Space for LGBTQ+ teens ages 13 to 19
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online LGBT Support Groups
- In the Rooms – Global Recovery Community
4. Financial Assistance and Workers Rights
Conoce tus derechos- Permisos pagados por enfermedad y permisos para cuidado infantil durante el coronavirus
Another Round Another Rally – provides grants for those working in the service or hospitality industries who are facing economic hardship
5. Resources for Internet Access
- Comcast Home Essentials is a low-cost home internet package and it’s free for the first two months
- Access from AT&T is a low-cost home internet package
- Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access is available to K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a subscription. This promotion is scheduled to last for 60 days after March 16. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new students.
- The Open for Business Hub
6. Resources for Families
- Family Equality – The Neighborhood: A Virtual Hub for LGBTQ+ Families
- Urban Sitter- 2 Months of Free Parent Membership
- Khan Academy- free educational resources
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Free online library books, after signing in with an email address
- Education companies offering FREE subscriptions for your kids
- TransFamilies- support for trans people and thier families.
7. Resources for Immigrants
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities
- United We Dream’s Resources for the Immigrant Community During COVID-19