Those who know Mara Keisling, know her not only for her remarkable policy acumen, but also for her extraordinary wit and sense of humor. She would often joke that she got this job because she had the top qualification needed—she was available.
And thank goodness she was! Today, NCTE has grown into a political powerhouse who has forged strong relationships with policy makers at all levels of government including Presidents, members of Congress, Governors, and administrative agencies.
One of the most powerful ways to ensure that effective policy change can be carried out for generations to come, regardless of who holds political office, is to support the National Center for Transgender Equality through a gift in your will. It’s an incredible way to invest in the future of transgender equality, without any cost to you today.
Become a part of our perpetual family today by making a planned gift and joining the Mara Keisling Legacy Society!
To help get you started, NCTE has partnered with FreeWill!
FreeWill is a free, online resource that guides you through the process of writing your will or trust in 20 minutes or less, and, if you feel moved to do so, include a gift to the National Center for Transgender Equality.
Already included a gift to NCTE in your will? Click here to let us know!
Benefits for Legacy Society Members
In addition to the peace of mind that comes from making a will and leaving a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you, members of the Mara Keisling Legacy Society will enjoy:
- A Mara Keisling Legacy Society sticker
- Regular updates from NCTE staff about our life-saving work
- A listing on the Legacy Society page of our Annual Report (or the option to remain anonymous)
- Official NCTE and Legacy Society merchandise available to members for free or offered at reduced price
- Involvement with a community of like-minded individuals who share in Mara’s vision of a society where transgender people not only survive, but thrive.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions about planned giving or joining the Mara Keisling Legacy Society, please contact NCTE’s Director of Development, Daniel Shad, at email@example.com.