Mara Keisling achieved a significant milestone for the trans rights movement when she founded NCTE in 2003, positioning an advocacy voice for transgender and non-binary people everywhere in Washington, D.C., the seat of federal policymaking. Since its creation, NCTE has grown into a political powerhouse which has forged strong relationships with policy makers at all levels of government including presidents, members of Congress, governors, and administrative agencies.
One of the most powerful ways to ensure that effective policy change can be carried out for generations to come, regardless of who holds political office, is to support the National Center for Transgender Equality through a gift in your will. It’s an incredible way to invest in the future of trans rights, without any cost to you today. Become a part of our family today by making a planned gift and joining the Mara Keisling Legacy Society!
To confirm your membership in the Mara Keisling Legacy Society, please contact a member of NCTE’s Development Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to let us know you have dedicated a charitable bequest to NCTE in your will.
Become a part of our perpetual family today by making a planned gift and joining the Mara Keisling Legacy Society!
Benefits for Legacy Society Members
In addition to the peace of mind that comes from making a will and leaving a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you, members of the Mara Keisling Legacy Society will enjoy:
- A Mara Keisling Legacy Society sticker
- Regular updates from NCTE staff about our life-saving work
- A listing on the Legacy Society page of our Annual Report (or the option to remain anonymous)
- Official NCTE and Legacy Society merchandise available to members for free or offered at reduced price
- Involvement with a community of like-minded individuals who share in Mara’s vision of a society where transgender people not only survive, but thrive.