Georgia will amend the sex on a birth certificate "upon receipt of a certified copy of a court order indicating the sex of an individual born in this state has been changed by surgical procedure and that such individual's name has been changed." Ga. Code Ann. § 31-10-23(e). Such birth certificates will be issued as new and not marked as amended.
To apply for an amended birth certificate, the applicant should submit
- An Affidavit for Amendment of the birth certificate
- A certified copy of the court order changing name and sex
- A medical certification from the physician's office with the physician's original signature
- A copy of valid government issued photo ID
- A money order or cashier's check with the associated fees.
Submit the documents to
Vital Records, Amendment Unit
1680 Phoenix Boulevard
Atlanta GA 30349
The website for the GA Office of Vital Records can be found here.