As of April 2018, Idaho Office of Vital Statistics will amend the gender on a birth certificate upon request of the applicant; no medical documentation is required.
To apply for an updated birth certificate, the applicant must submit the following items. All forms are included in the Idaho Gender Change Packet.
- An Application to Change Sex on an Idaho Birth Certificate, signed in front of a notary;
- An Idaho Vital Statistics Certificate Request, to get a copy of the new birth certificate;
- If changing the name, a certified copy of a court order for name change;
- A photocopy of the applicant's photo ID;
- Fee of $20 to process the application and $16 for each new birth certificate.
Mail the application to:
Idaho Vital Records
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720‐0036
If you have additional questions, you can email email@example.com or call (208) 334‐5980 to contact a vital records customer service representative