National Center for Transgender Equality and Partners Launch 2022 U.S. Transgender (Trans) Survey Pledge
WASHINGTON, DC – The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) and partners are excited to launch the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey Pledge (USTS) at ustranssurvey.org. Through the USTS Pledge, members of the trans community can now sign up to receive information about the survey, learn how to participate and pledge to take the survey when it is released in 2022.
“NCTE is proud to partner with the Black Trans Advocacy Coalition, TransLatin@ Coalition, National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance, and other organizations that serve trans people nationwide on the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey,” said Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, executive director of NCTE.
“The Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is incredibly excited to be a partner for the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey, the leading source for insight into the real-life experiences of the trans community. As the largest trans survey in the U.S., we know that it’s critical to ensure that the experiences of as many Black binary and nonbinary trans people as possible are captured in the survey,” said Carter Brown, national executive director of BTAC. “We are encouraging everyone to be a part of history and pledge to take the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey.”
“Our organization is grateful to partner on such an important milestone for our community with the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey,” said Bamby Salcedo, president and CEO of the Los Angeles-based TransLatin@ Coalition. “The data we will generate as a community will provide support for our continued advocacy for our specific needs.”
Information about the U.S. Trans Survey:
· The U.S. Trans Survey is the largest survey of trans people in the United States.
· The USTS documents the lives and experiences of trans people in the U.S. and U.S. territories.
· The U.S. Trans Survey is for all trans people ages 16 and up.
· The USTS is for people of all trans identities, including binary and nonbinary trans identities.
· The USTS is the main source of data about trans people for the media, educators, policymakers and the general public, and covers health, employment, income, the criminal justice system and other aspects of life.
· USTS reports have been a vital resource, including the reports on the experiences of people of color and reports by state.
· In 2015, nearly 28,000 people took the USTS, making it the largest survey of trans people in the U.S. to date. A lot has happened since then, and it’s time to conduct the USTS again in 2022.
Participants who sign a pledge form to participate will receive email updates from NCTE about the survey. Taking the pledge does not obligate anyone to take the survey and participation is voluntary. Participants will be asked to consent to take the survey once it becomes available.